SPARKS 2013 Haiku Competition
Before submitting an entry, please read the Haiku guidelines.
- The SPARKS Competition is open to all who are participating in the festival, whether as readers, listeners, display table overseers, or as volunteers. The announcement of the winner and the presentation of the prize will be made in the last session of the festival, around 6 p.m. on January 20, 2013.
- The haiku ought to have some sort of fire or sparks image in it.
- The prize for the winning haiku is a package of books and a gift certificate for a poetry book.
- Entries will be judged anonymously, i.e. without their authors' names attached, as in the NL Arts and Letters Competition.
- Entrants may submit one or two haiku to: SPARKShaiku@mun.ca or send
entries by post to:
SPARKS Haiku Competition
c/o Department of English
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, Newfoundland A1C 5S7.
- If you are sending your entry by post, please put your haiku on one page, and put your contact info (address, telephone, e-mail) on a separate sheet. If you are submitting by e-mail, do not use attachments. Type the haiku in the body of the message.
- The deadline for submissions is noon on Friday, January 14, 2013.